About me…Always looking to improve my practice of ICT integration across the curriculum, learn and share new things, I am presently involved in a course of study for a post-graduate certificate of educational technology and information literacy. My studies have illustrated to me the importance of new media in education and the necessity of empowering students with the skills to both use them effectively and to learn how to better direct their own learning. It has further underlined for me how inextricably interwoven effective use of new media and development of collaborative skills are becoming. Having worked with students from K – 12 for years I have a real respect for the necessity of an articulated integration curriculum from a whole school standpoint. I am excited to announce my new position at Doshisha International School, Kyoto. To learn more about me please feel free to view my Hub, the website where I am currently updating my online creations.
CHECK ME OUT!
- RT @MisterNorris: Coding is not a silver bullet by @WIRED - Coding is not as important as it's been made out to be ow.ly/rtgDt #…... 10 hours ago
- @MisterNorris THANK YOU!... 1 day ago
- RT @MisterNorris: A laptop cart at a 10th of the price for @seansensei ow.ly/rokTu #edchat #COETAIL... 1 day ago
- Literacy Meets Technology slideshare.net/seansensei/pre… #ICT #edtech #coetail... 1 day ago
- David Steindl-Rast: Want to be happy? Be grateful on.ted.com/pYHg #TED... 4 days ago
Tag Archives: taxonomy
As a former student of political science, one of the biggest lessons I derived from my studies is what I call the pattern of the pendulum. The swing from right (conservatism) to left (liberalism). “Forward” thinking to “back to basics.” … Continue reading
A simple question really. My recent studies have reinforced for me the importance of integrating new media into the classroom and the necessity of empowering students with the skills to both use them effectively and to learn how to better … Continue reading