About me…Always looking to improve my practice of ICT integration across the curriculum, learn and share new things, I am presently involved in a course of study for a post-graduate certificate of educational technology and information literacy. My studies have illustrated to me the importance of new media in education and the necessity of empowering students with the skills to both use them effectively and to learn how to better direct their own learning. It has further underlined for me how inextricably interwoven effective use of new media and development of collaborative skills are becoming. Having worked with students from K – 12 for years I have a real respect for the necessity of an articulated integration curriculum from a whole school standpoint. I am excited to announce my new position at Doshisha International School, Kyoto. To learn more about me please feel free to view my Hub, the website where I am currently updating my online creations.
CHECK ME OUT!
- RT @johnrinker: “The way you do anything is the way you do everything.” #buddhistteaching... 1 day ago
- #GIESummit Bangkok2014 Flipped Class: sites.google.com/site/getinthed… Blogging ES: giveitaway.net/easy-blogging-… eBooks Publishing: giveitaway.net/ebooks-publish…... 2 days ago
- Google EVERYTHING session website: sites.google.com/site/getinthed… #GIESummit... 3 days ago
- Links & notes from Phillip Cowell's Easy Blogging in the Elementary School shar.es/1aAm3k session at #GIESummit #blog #edtech #tech... 3 days ago
- Links & notes from Diane Kamon Therrien's #eBooks session at #GIESummit shar.es/1aAaB7 #publishing #tech #digital literacy... 3 days ago
Tag Archives: standards
ICT, IT, technology integration, 21st century learning… the list goes on. Whatever your position within a school, however “forward-thinking” you or your organization may be, there are a lot of terms out there and the list continues to grow. Take … Continue reading
Teachers are arguably overburdened with content. Now, it seems, there is more to do in terms of planning. We need to integrate all the buzzwords too. “21st century” skills and learning, “digital citizenship.” But wait! Is it a really a … Continue reading
Should the International Society for Technological Education’s NETS for Teachers be part of a Teacher’s Evaluation Process?
The Question In addressing this question I feel it is instructive to outline the implied context of teacher evaluations and the integration of technology into the classroom from the outset. I doubt there are many that would argue against the … Continue reading