About me…Always looking to improve my practice of ICT integration across the curriculum, learn and share new things, I am presently involved in a course of study for a post-graduate certificate of educational technology and information literacy. My studies have illustrated to me the importance of new media in education and the necessity of empowering students with the skills to both use them effectively and to learn how to better direct their own learning. It has further underlined for me how inextricably interwoven effective use of new media and development of collaborative skills are becoming. Having worked with students from K – 12 for years I have a real respect for the necessity of an articulated integration curriculum from a whole school standpoint. I am excited to announce my new position at Doshisha International School, Kyoto. To learn more about me please feel free to view my Hub, the website where I am currently updating my online creations.
CHECK ME OUT!
- When all other factors are equal it is the character of the leader that determines the outcome.... 1 month ago
- How to Stop Facebook From Using Your Browsing History gizmodo.com/how-to-stop-fa…... 1 month ago
- In Bangkok this Sept.? Come to the #Google Summit workshop, Digital-age Classroom: Get in the Game bangkoksummit2014.sched.org #edtech #coetail... 1 month ago
- Digital-age Learning Workshop at #Google Summit: youtu.be/cjzLurRP30E #coetail... 2 months ago
- RT @GlenDowney: Comics in Education Presents: Maker Kids -- Visual Literacy Meets Tactile Learning ht.ly/xfl7b... 2 months ago
Tag Archives: philosophy
As attested throughout this blog (and just about anywhere else you are likely to find my work), I love to share and I never claim to know anything more than Plato has Socrates claim: The only thing I know is … Continue reading
I say easier because, no matter how easy the process of web creation can be made, the creation of an effective, attractive, user-friendly design that meets a high standard of functionality will always take time. As an ICT Specialist in … Continue reading
I love making and sharing things with digital media. I have long pontificated about the new wondrous capacity to share with potentially global audiences through the use of the internet here and elsewhere so will spare you this soap box … Continue reading
ICT, IT, technology integration, 21st century learning… the list goes on. Whatever your position within a school, however “forward-thinking” you or your organization may be, there are a lot of terms out there and the list continues to grow. Take … Continue reading
I wanted to share the webcast/website for my first webinar. I hope you find it useful. Please just click the screen capture of the website for access.