About me…Always looking to improve my practice of ICT integration across the curriculum, learn and share new things, I am presently involved in a course of study for a post-graduate certificate of educational technology and information literacy. My studies have illustrated to me the importance of new media in education and the necessity of empowering students with the skills to both use them effectively and to learn how to better direct their own learning. It has further underlined for me how inextricably interwoven effective use of new media and development of collaborative skills are becoming. Having worked with students from K – 12 for years I have a real respect for the necessity of an articulated integration curriculum from a whole school standpoint. I am excited to announce my new position at Doshisha International School, Kyoto. To learn more about me please feel free to view my Hub, the website where I am currently updating my online creations.
CHECK ME OUT!
- RT @Philip_Cummings: Want to Fix Education? Start Addressing Poverty. buff.ly/1961grd via @plugusin #simpletruth... 3 days ago
- RT @AsCorrespondent: Panel: Nuclear to remain key Japan energy source asiancorrespondent.com/116908/panel-n…... 3 days ago
- Gbnmnb community.xe.com/forum/usd-us-d…... 3 days ago
- RT @MisterNorris: @seansensei the cart worked so well they made another! ow.ly/i/3WqbT #edchat... 3 days ago
- RT @MisterNorris: Coding is not a silver bullet by @WIRED - Coding is not as important as it's been made out to be ow.ly/rtgDt #…... 4 days ago
Tag Archives: open source
This blog post will cover many topics. I wear many hats. In brief, I will discuss how I have recently employed technology: as a homeroom teacher an ICT specialist a school promoter a teacher trainer an MYP Technology teacher I … Continue reading
Synergy I am quite pleased with this. I managed to tie yet another COETAIL project to work. I further used the opportunity to better familiarize myself with my new MacBook Pro (Jury is still out for me on how much … Continue reading
Copyright As many have pointed out copyright is largely an outmoded legal concept created before the proliferation of the Internet. Organized forward-thinkers, like those at Creative Commons, have started the ball rolling on a freer version of some rights reserved … Continue reading