About me…Always looking to improve my practice of ICT integration across the curriculum, learn and share new things, I am presently involved in a course of study for a post-graduate certificate of educational technology and information literacy. My studies have illustrated to me the importance of new media in education and the necessity of empowering students with the skills to both use them effectively and to learn how to better direct their own learning. It has further underlined for me how inextricably interwoven effective use of new media and development of collaborative skills are becoming. Having worked with students from K – 12 for years I have a real respect for the necessity of an articulated integration curriculum from a whole school standpoint. I am excited to announce my new position at Doshisha International School, Kyoto. To learn more about me please feel free to view my Hub, the website where I am currently updating my online creations.
CHECK ME OUT!
- “Freedom is actually a bigger game than power. Power is about what you can control. Freedom is about what you can unleash.” Harriet Rubin... 1 day ago
- Develop your #PLN or Up Your Online Sharing Game slideshare.net/seansensei/how… #coetail #IBEN #promote #edtech #myp #pyp... 1 day ago
- Learning about a new kind of technology integration by peeling back the curriculum carpet at The Early Learning Centre, Bangkok... 1 day ago
- Supporting Students with the MYP Design Cycle wp.me/p1PivJ-gu #MYP #IB #IBEN # design... 3 days ago
- How To: Develop your #PLN and Develop Your Online Presence slideshare.net/seansensei/how… #ict #promote #edtech... 3 days ago
Tag Archives: NETS
This blog post will cover many topics. I wear many hats. In brief, I will discuss how I have recently employed technology: as a homeroom teacher an ICT specialist a school promoter a teacher trainer an MYP Technology teacher I … Continue reading
I was going to call this blog post, Create a Student Content Generated Learner Profile Website for Your School But that sounds way academic and I want people to actually read this. If you are a PYP, MYP, DP (or … Continue reading
ICT, IT, technology integration, 21st century learning… the list goes on. Whatever your position within a school, however “forward-thinking” you or your organization may be, there are a lot of terms out there and the list continues to grow. Take … Continue reading
Teachers are arguably overburdened with content. Now, it seems, there is more to do in terms of planning. We need to integrate all the buzzwords too. “21st century” skills and learning, “digital citizenship.” But wait! Is it a really a … Continue reading
I am miles ahead. Miles. I have always been interested in and eager to learn more about and use new technology and naturally, as a teacher, that has meant integration. I have been most proficient to this point in using … Continue reading
A simple question really. My recent studies have reinforced for me the importance of integrating new media into the classroom and the necessity of empowering students with the skills to both use them effectively and to learn how to better … Continue reading