About me…Always looking to improve my practice of ICT integration across the curriculum, learn and share new things, I am presently involved in a course of study for a post-graduate certificate of educational technology and information literacy. My studies have illustrated to me the importance of new media in education and the necessity of empowering students with the skills to both use them effectively and to learn how to better direct their own learning. It has further underlined for me how inextricably interwoven effective use of new media and development of collaborative skills are becoming. Having worked with students from K – 12 for years I have a real respect for the necessity of an articulated integration curriculum from a whole school standpoint. I am excited to announce my new position at Doshisha International School, Kyoto. To learn more about me please feel free to view my Hub, the website where I am currently updating my online creations.
CHECK ME OUT!
- RT @johnrinker: “The way you do anything is the way you do everything.” #buddhistteaching... 1 day ago
- #GIESummit Bangkok2014 Flipped Class: sites.google.com/site/getinthed… Blogging ES: giveitaway.net/easy-blogging-… eBooks Publishing: giveitaway.net/ebooks-publish…... 2 days ago
- Google EVERYTHING session website: sites.google.com/site/getinthed… #GIESummit... 3 days ago
- Links & notes from Phillip Cowell's Easy Blogging in the Elementary School shar.es/1aAm3k session at #GIESummit #blog #edtech #tech... 3 days ago
- Links & notes from Diane Kamon Therrien's #eBooks session at #GIESummit shar.es/1aAaB7 #publishing #tech #digital literacy... 3 days ago
Monthly Archives: February 2012
I do love educators’ creativity in constructing new language. “Transdisciplinary” is another personal favorite. Need a word? Make one up! My Infographic: Project Based Learning Group Achievement by Mid-week 9 I chose to produce this infographic for three reasons. To “inspire” … Continue reading
Digital storytelling is the practice of combining narrative with digital content, including images, sound, and video, to create a short movie… … Continue reading
As this week’s focus is all about visual images and last week’s was about layout in posts I have decided to incorporate all of the contenders from my search for an image to use in class. In the end, I … Continue reading