About me…Always looking to improve my practice of ICT integration across the curriculum, learn and share new things, I am presently involved in a course of study for a post-graduate certificate of educational technology and information literacy. My studies have illustrated to me the importance of new media in education and the necessity of empowering students with the skills to both use them effectively and to learn how to better direct their own learning. It has further underlined for me how inextricably interwoven effective use of new media and development of collaborative skills are becoming. Having worked with students from K – 12 for years I have a real respect for the necessity of an articulated integration curriculum from a whole school standpoint. I am excited to announce my new position at Doshisha International School, Kyoto. To learn more about me please feel free to view my Hub, the website where I am currently updating my online creations.
CHECK ME OUT!
- CALL FOR PAPERS / Breakout Session Proposals@ IB Asia Pacific Annual Conference 2015 - Macao SAR, P.R. China mailbuild.ibo.org/t/r-E76C599562…... 19 hours ago
- When all other factors are equal it is the character of the leader that determines the outcome.... 1 month ago
- How to Stop Facebook From Using Your Browsing History gizmodo.com/how-to-stop-fa…... 1 month ago
- In Bangkok this Sept.? Come to the #Google Summit workshop, Digital-age Classroom: Get in the Game bangkoksummit2014.sched.org #edtech #coetail... 1 month ago
- Digital-age Learning Workshop at #Google Summit: youtu.be/cjzLurRP30E #coetail... 2 months ago
Monthly Archives: November 2011
Copyright As many have pointed out copyright is largely an outmoded legal concept created before the proliferation of the Internet. Organized forward-thinkers, like those at Creative Commons, have started the ball rolling on a freer version of some rights reserved … Continue reading
Opportunity Costs The cost of an alternative that must be forgone in order to pursue a certain action. Put another way, the benefits you could have received by taking an alternative action Privacy online. It seems the default for most … Continue reading
The Sharing Tree By Sean Thompson Abstract/Foreword: Inspired by the Shel Silverstein’s book, The Giving Tree, this story offers a different perspective on the friendship that can exist between man (the boy Meekwun) and nature (as personified through the tree). Informed from … Continue reading
Talk about being caught off guard. I uploaded a review of one of the readings thinking I’d get back to the focus questions later and Jamie already commented on it! Oops. Thanks by the way Jamie. I also enjoyed your … Continue reading