About me…Always looking to improve my practice of ICT integration across the curriculum, learn and share new things, I am presently involved in a course of study for a post-graduate certificate of educational technology and information literacy. My studies have illustrated to me the importance of new media in education and the necessity of empowering students with the skills to both use them effectively and to learn how to better direct their own learning. It has further underlined for me how inextricably interwoven effective use of new media and development of collaborative skills are becoming. Having worked with students from K – 12 for years I have a real respect for the necessity of an articulated integration curriculum from a whole school standpoint. I am excited to announce my new position at Doshisha International School, Kyoto. To learn more about me please feel free to view my Hub, the website where I am currently updating my online creations.
CHECK ME OUT!
- http://t.co/Jp1W7mk8Z3... 1 week ago
- “Freedom is actually a bigger game than power. Power is about what you can control. Freedom is about what you can unleash.” Harriet Rubin... 2 weeks ago
- Develop your #PLN or Up Your Online Sharing Game slideshare.net/seansensei/how… #coetail #IBEN #promote #edtech #myp #pyp... 2 weeks ago
- Learning about a new kind of technology integration by peeling back the curriculum carpet at The Early Learning Centre, Bangkok... 2 weeks ago
- Supporting Students with the MYP Design Cycle wp.me/p1PivJ-gu #MYP #IB #IBEN # design... 3 weeks ago
Monthly Archives: October 2011
I am miles ahead. Miles. I have always been interested in and eager to learn more about and use new technology and naturally, as a teacher, that has meant integration. I have been most proficient to this point in using … Continue reading
Should the International Society for Technological Education’s NETS for Teachers be part of a Teacher’s Evaluation Process?
The Question In addressing this question I feel it is instructive to outline the implied context of teacher evaluations and the integration of technology into the classroom from the outset. I doubt there are many that would argue against the … Continue reading
A simple question really. My recent studies have reinforced for me the importance of integrating new media into the classroom and the necessity of empowering students with the skills to both use them effectively and to learn how to better … Continue reading
Preamble Ramble Having heard from Chris Betcher and Kim about the importance of an online presence when looking for a job I spent time putting together a little something for a job prospect recently. I learned that it is easier … Continue reading